Contact Us (877) 333-2420
Litigation (949) 679-8505; Non-Litigation: (858) 518-1411

California Conservatorships – What to do when a family member or loved one needs help

You might get that dreaded 3am phone call.  It’s never good news. Your parent, spouse or partner has finally succumbed to dementia or another debilitating illness, or your child has been in an accident that has left them incapacitated. After getting your loved one stabilized, you are told by doctors that normal functioning may be [...]

By |2020-01-02T12:29:00-08:00January 2nd, 2020|Estate Planning, living trust, responsibilities of trustee, trustee, Wills and Trusts|Comments Off on California Conservatorships – What to do when a family member or loved one needs help

What Businesses Should Know About the California Consumer Privacy Act

The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), or AB-375 as it is officially known, was enacted in 2018 and goes into effect on January 1, 2020. This landmark legislation provides the broadest protections for consumers’ personal information of any state in the country. For California consumers, it is a game-changer. For many companies who do business [...]

By |2020-07-01T11:19:38-08:00December 18th, 2019|Business Contracts, Business Formation, Business Law, Contract law, Contracts, Corporate Law|Comments Off on What Businesses Should Know About the California Consumer Privacy Act

NON-JUDICIAL FORECLOSURE IN CALIFORNIA

Introduction Consider the typical situation when a person wishes to purchase a home. The purchaser typically puts a certain amount of money down, say 10% of the purchase price, and finances the remaining 90% through a loan from a bank or other mortgage lender. The purchaser then signs a promissory note in favor of the [...]

By |2019-11-27T14:19:33-08:00November 27th, 2019|Uncategorized|Comments Off on NON-JUDICIAL FORECLOSURE IN CALIFORNIA

2019 – A Vintage Year for Irrevocable Living Trusts

Although California produces stellar wine vintages year after year, there has been relatively little production of anything new or positive for California non-grantor trusts. But the landscape has changed, the conditions are ideal, and the time is ripe. A recent crop of legislation and cases, including California’s new Uniform Trust Decanting Act and the Paula [...]

By |2019-11-15T09:10:22-08:00November 15th, 2019|Estate Planning, living trust, revocable trust, Wills and Trusts|Comments Off on 2019 – A Vintage Year for Irrevocable Living Trusts

Can I Tell you Everything? California Attorney/Client Privilege.

Introduction Most of us are familiar with the attorney–client privilege in terms of protections provided in criminal cases and prosecutions.  But what about its application to civil and business related matters? Through television and movies, most of us have learned that if you tell your lawyer all your dirty deeds he or she can’t tell [...]

By |2020-07-01T11:22:22-08:00October 31st, 2019|Uncategorized|Comments Off on Can I Tell you Everything? California Attorney/Client Privilege.
Go to Top