An Employment Attorney Can Help You Avoid Employment Law Violations
Your greatest resource and expense will usually involve your employees. It makes good business and economic sense to invest the time and money necessary to avoid violations of state and federal employment laws with the help of an experienced business-employment attorney.
Protect Your Company With The Help of Our Experienced San Diego Employment Attorneys
While California is an employment-at-will state, there are a myriad of state and federal employment laws which govern employers of large and small businesses, including laws giving rise to claims of wrongful termination, fraudulent misrepresentation, as well as wage and hour laws. These laws create exceptions to the employment-at-will doctrine.
If your business is being sued by an employee claiming violations of applicable wage and hour laws, defamation, breach of contract, or other claims, our experienced and award-winning employment law attorneys can help! Contact us today for a free evaluation.
Our San Diego Employment Lawyers Can Help No Matter How Many Employees You May Have
Following are some of the laws directly affecting the employment relationship in California:
One or More Employees:
- County, State and Federal Wage and Hour Laws including minimum wage and overtime laws
- California Anti-Harassment Prohibitions (FEHA) and Prohibited Retaliation Pursuant to the Labor Code
- California Workers’ Compensation
- California Unemployment Compensation
- Federal Immigration Laws
- State and Federal Child Labor Laws
- Federal and State Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA)
- California Disability Insurance
- California Paid Family Leave
- Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act
- California Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies Act
Two or More Employees:
- California Cal-COBRA (2-19 employees)
Five or More Employees:
- California Anti-Discrimination Laws
- California Pregnancy Disability Leave
- California Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2011 (CalGINA)
Fifteen or More Employees:
- Federal Anti-Discrimination Laws including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Federal Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
Twenty or More Employees:
- Federal COBRA
- Federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
Twenty-Five or More Employees:
- California Illiteracy Accommodation Law
- State and Federal Drug Free Workplace Laws
- Federal HMO Act
- California Time Off for Children, Domestic Abuse or Sexual Assault Time Off, & Time Off for Rehab.
Fifty or More Employees:
- State and Federal Family Leave Acts (FMLA) (CFRA)
- Federal Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Seventy-Five or More Employees:
- California WARN Act
One Hundred or More Employees:
- Federal WARN Act
Let Our San Diego Employment Lawyers Guide You Through California Employment Laws
As your small business grows, so does its legal needs. The necessity for sound and current employment law strategies and policies has never been greater. Let the experienced and award-winning business and employment law attorneys at Gehres Law Group, P.C. address your employment law needs.
We work diligently to protect employers from legal attacks by drafting concrete contracts and employee manuals. We provide solid legal advice and guidance to small businesses to prevent disputes and legal claims. If a dispute, lawsuit, or wage and hour claim has arisen, we consider it our duty to resolve it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Read our employment law blog for employment related articles or visit our Fee Section for information on Small Business Legal Packages. Contact Us today to set up a free evaluation or low-cost consultation to discuss your business’s legal needs.
Some of our recent blog articles on employment-related laws written by our employment and business law attorneys: